Wedding Shoes. I had an amazing shoe in mind and started hunting ALL OVER THE INTERNET for them. After a long search and several recommendations from friends later - I.found.them.for.$25.dollars and of all places - Fashion Bug. I have not stepped foot into Fashion Bug, in probably over 10 years, prior to getting these shoes. But like everything - I had to make it my own.
1) The original shoes + other amazing items.
- Shoes - $25.00
- Mod Podge - $4.99 (or $3.00 with 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby)
- Glitter - $2.99 (or $1.80 with 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby)
- The coarser the glitter the thicker that layers will apply. Thus, less layers and less time.
- Adult Beverage - Varies :D
- Redbox Movie - $1.00
- Small Foam Brush - $0.69
- Container to use for mixing.
The following items are optional:
- Tin Foil
- Sandwich Bag with zip closure.
2) Mix Mod Podge with glitter and wha-la!
This was my first interaction with Mod Podge and I'm now addicted.
** There is no mixture ratio of Glitter and Mod Podge to follow - go with your gut.... pour and mix til your hearts content!!!
When starting this project, I didn't have any 'crap' containers laying around to mix the Glitter/Mod Podge in... so I grab a small glass container from our kitchen and lined it with tin foil.
It worked wonderful! And since I spaced this project out over a few days, I just threw the dish of mixture into a sandwich baggie and it stayed fresh! :)
3) Begin applying the mixture with the small foam brush. As you apply the layers, it will look like this:
If you start early enough in the morning/afternoon - you can most likely get two layers done per day. Or be like me and forget about it from time to time and have this drag out for days... lol.
When the white turns clear - you'll know your layer is dry.
4) Completed! :)
The Mod Podge firmly holds every piece of glitter into place - so no glitter trails!