Friday, March 2, 2012

The Most Boring of Bedrooms

We've been settled in AZ for just under 2 months now... and while we love it, it's been hard piecing together a 'home' on a tight budget.  I use 'home' lightly because we live in the whitest of white apartments (even the kitchen cabinets are white). 

While picking a bed was the easiest decision we've ever made together - the decision on bedding was not.  We could not agree on anything... this went on for about a week of sleeping with just sheets - no bed spread/comforter/etc... finally we just agreed to get a simple white down comforter.

 (Personal Photo w/ Igor - Can you guess which side is mine! hahaha).

Down comforters: I love them and loathe them.

Love - They are super comfy and the possibilities are endless on style.

Loathe - Without a duvet, they get stinky and stained... and are dry-clean only.

For the last month and a half - I've been searching Pinterest, Macy's, Anthro, Urban Outfitters and EVERYWHERE for a great duvet.  Almost everything I saw was too expensive or just plain ugly.  I loved loved loved Urban Outfitters selection and the prices were even on target, but... rarely did any of the duvets come in a king size. 


Through Pinterest, I found wonderful Anthro knockoffs.  Though all beautiful - there was always something holding me back from making any one of these...

Not sure if I would still be in love with this style 6,8,10 months down the road. 

(Source

This style on a king would require piecing together three large sections on top and then pin-tucking... in my mind, I couldn't see this coming out correctly.

 (Source)

This one is way beyond my sewing ability! lol.
 (Source)

To make these, the cost would run upwards of $48+ (3 king size flat sheets from WM run $16/each).

I continued the search... with Overstock, Big Lots, everyplace that ended with a dot com... and then I struck gold with Amazon!

I found this plain beauty for $37.50 and ships for free! (5 out of 5 stars)
 
And this one for $39.95 + $5.50 shipping (4 out of 5 stars)
 (Source)
 
So... at this point, I have in my mind to do a Chevron stamp (DIY, of course) in a charcoal grey using fabric paint...
 
 (Source)

and then dye the fabric (the green in the center) to coordinate with the teal sheets/night stands that we have.  I'm not a fan of the shade of purple - so not sure I will incorporate it... maybe down the line?
(I cannot remember where this color photo came from! Sorry!)

I love to DIY but when the cost to DIY is more expensive then to buy (and alter) - I go with the latter.

Update on the finished look will come soon!  I hope to have the bedding ordered by Wednesday of next week and for it to become my weekend project! :)

16 comments:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.
    cps test

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using Call My Phone you can call any regular telephone network through any internet service provider and avoid huge charges that incur when calling ISD numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, I believe your web site could be having web browser compatibility problems.
    When I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Besides that, great site!
    You will be able to check on the CPS rate and the speed in which you click. You should check your click speed. Cause It allows you to break your unique record. More about Jittr Click Test

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your article very much and the way you write your article. This article was very helpful for me, I wish you for your upcoming article. I hope you like my site Click Here.
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your article very much and this is helpful to all man kind you are doing great job, also you can visit our blog SD memory card formatter it will help you so lets check it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. For a good gaming experience it is the best-way-to-start-playing-pc-games-using-with-xpadder. best-way-to-start-playing-pc-games-using-with-xpadder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing. Also visit my web page Free Psn Codes Generator

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is extremely helpful info! Everything is very interesting to learn and easy to understand. Take the given information. I having a site Which is give us good gaming content for that Visit here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, This is a good content, I'm a gamer one if you like a gamer content then plese visit our site link is given, please visit here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Free PSN Gift Card Generator
    PSN Code Generator is one of the most popular gaming consoles out there in the market. Just like any other gaming platform, PlayStation also offers purchasable services online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at this Google Play Gift Card Generator one website to generate your unused Free Google Play Gift Card Codes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very good blog. I appreciate your work. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog. Really its great article. Keep it up. I also have something for you. you can Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s really a cool and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing. I also have something for you. you can Check here

    ReplyDelete
  14. It loved the way you explain. Its easy to understand and greatly explain. I loved it very much. Btw I am gamer and I have something interesting for you. You can
    Click here Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing. Also, visit my web page Robux Gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. Take the rice purity test with Statistical Reports updated to 2021.

    ReplyDelete